When you are ready to start shopping for Arizona home insurance quotes, there are discounts that you may qualify that you should be aware of. As a homeowner, you must have your house insured inside and out along with all of your possessions. You must protect yourself in case anything were to happen to your house, your possessions in case anyone were to break in and try to steal them, and anyone who comes to visit you in case they were to fall and hurt themselves on your property.
Those are just a few examples; homeowners insurance covers so much more. There are ways that you may be able to help keep the cost of your homeowners insurance to a minimum. Everything that you do to protect your family and your belongings will cut down on the cost of your premiums. Here are some discounts you should ask about when getting your Arizona home insurance quotes.
Regarding damage due to a fire, you could get a discount if you:
- Are not a smoker – cigarette smoking is the number one cause of fires breaking out in homes. With no smokers in the house the chance of your home having a fire is dramatically cut down. This discount could save you up to 20% on your insurance.
- Have a smoke alarm – With smoke alarms placed around your home you could save about 5% on your insurance. Being alerted to a fire in the home gives the firemen an increase response time.
- Have a sprinkler system installed in your home. This is another extra measure to cover your home in case there was a fire to break out.
Regarding theft and vandalism, you might qualify for a discount at https://arizona-insurance.website/arizona-homeowners-insurance-quotes/ if you have:
- Deadbolt locks on your doors. You could save up to 5% on your homeowners insurance if you have a deadbolt on all doors leading out of the home. This protects you, your family, and your possessions from someone breaking in.
- A security system. Having a security system installed is a wise idea. You can save from 10% to 20% from your insurance company by having your home protected by an alarm system.
There are other ways of saving money when working up your Arizona home insurance quotes. Ask your agent about bundling, claims-free and new home discounts. You may be able to save some money just by asking.